Thursday 25 August 2011

"There's an angel...

... 'cos I've been told that salvation lets their wings unfold".
I believe that there's an angel protecting each one of us, I'm not a religious person but I think of angels as of beings, sometimes human and alive among us, sometimes our beloved ones that are not there anymore.
I believe that love does not die with us and its form still lingers on around us and does its best to protect us from harm.
Granted, my angel sometimes needs a wake up call! Drriiiiiiing! Angeeeel? Are you there???? 'cos I need some help right now you know!
I don't usually ask for help to people, but I'm not ashamed of asking for help to my angel.
I believe they're to be found in that advise from a stranger that suddenly showed me the right way or the loving words of a friend that lifted up my spirits, or that ray of light that brought back hope.
I believe that behind every selfless act of love and care there's an angel looking out for us.
I ask myself where I would be if I hadn't received that extra, completely unexpected help I could count on in many difficult situation I've been through.
I kid myself thinking that I've made it all thanks to my own strength and determination, the truth is we're all lost sometimes and we need comfort.
I like to think that my mum is somewhere up there looking at me and wondering "How can I help her this time?", although it might sound like a romantic idea at best or even a childish one, there's no limit to what you can do when you feel sheltered.
Many cultures affirm the existence of angels even though they might call them in different ways, I'm keen to recognise bodhisatvas as "human" angels for example. Their only goal on earth is to help us out, who can say that they do not exist? Who can honestly say they've never been helped by a kind stranger? And in a totally unexpected way that was just what they needed right then. No hidden agenda, no asking for something back, what can this be if not pure love? And I'm not talking "being nice to me at the office" acts of love, I'm talking "saving my life" acts of love or said in a more sophisticated way, acts that changed the course of events in such a way that we avoided a tragic outcome.
Anyway, I don't know if there's many of us believers around, what I do know is that mine is here with me and it's doing double shifts trying to protect me!

No comments:

Post a Comment