Monday 22 August 2011

From Venice airport.. oh the humanity!

Crowded as I've never seen it! Seriously, I've been flying in and out of this airport since 1990 and in 21 I've never seen so much people dragging suitcases around walking aimlessly to look at the shops and trying to buy the very last souvenir before going home.
If they even try and say that Venice has had no tourists this year because of the GFC I'd like to invite them to take a flight today...good luck!
It must be because last week was officially the last week of holidays in europe but nonetheless I would have expected the crowds on saturday and sunday, not on a monday afternoon!
Anyway, I'm here, waiting to board, still a bit shaken by the pushing and shoving.
The security check is practically nil, well, if you think about the passport it is actually nil, since I've done the check in online, I've printed the boarding pass at the machines in the airport hall, and I've passed the electronic gate showing only the ticket, no passport.
I could have been travelling just as easily with someone else's ticket, unless they're going to do a proper check at the boarding.
The number of people shopping hard is unbelievable, where do they find the money for a 16.000 euros ring????? And I've seen them buying it, really, my word! And it wasn't even that beautiful! Full of diamonds, yes, but a bit kitsch for my taste.
Simplicity is elegance, if you want to buy something eccentric you have to remember that for that price you'll have to wear it for the rest of your life, do you really want to wear a huge flower shaped diamond ring for the rest of your life? I wouldn't.
That's why I opted for a smaller one!!! ahahahah!!!! no, I didn't buy it, but when you're in the middle of a splurging crowd you can't help but feel left out if you don't contribute at least a little bit!
Maybe that's a new marketing strategy, make people feel like they belong only if they participate to the shopping.
Anyway the ring I saw is very simple yet elegant and not at all that expensive considering that it's got 3 diamonds.... listen to me!!! What am I saying??? Geez, this place is dangerous!!!
I travel light, sleep in hostels to save some dollars and then I spend them on a ring????
Have I gone Italian again?
Next thing I know, I'll get myself a lypo and a spraytan...
Ok, let's calm down and read a bit, that will help me to level up!

No comments:

Post a Comment