Wednesday 31 August 2011

If you live so far away...

.... you're doomed to a life of goodbyes. Goodbye to your hubby when you leave home to fly to your old home. Goodbye to your friends and dad when you're leaving old home to go back to new home.
8 flights in just over 2 weeks, 4 nights in hotels and many many MANY hours sitting in an incredibly small seat in a flying tin box.
I've got to laugh when I think about my doc telling me not to stress and above all not to exhaust myself by lifting heavy weighs or not resting enough. ahahaha... he should see me now, with 1 trolley, 1 huge backpack and 1 disappointingly big purse (so big that the hostess at the check in was actually considering if I could take it with me or not).
No wonder my heart is struggling, a tear every time I leave.
But then again, it was my choice.
So I will stop whinging now and start b!tch!ng.
Yes, cause I think it's unbelievable that in the year 2011, that is 5 years after they introduced the rules forbidding to take liquids such as bottles of water in the plane, there's still people who feigns not knowing that and they try and smuggle in bottles of wine, olive oil, water, I've even seen a fabric softener...!!!!!! What on earth do they need fabric softener for??? In an airplane??? Do they want to wash up some clothes between a movie and a snooze??? No, seriously, don't they have fabric softener in their countries? It is so weird that I really start thinking they have explosives in there!
Anyway, the apparently soft but ultimately very strict surveillance at the gate finds the bottles, confiscates them and try and avoid an argument with the above mentioned family feigning ignorance.
And the rest of the airport waits for them. Patiently... some... yelling... some others.
I'm not yelling but I am starting to mumble loudly.
You cannot take a full bottle of fabric softener with you on the plane mate!!! Get over it!!!!!!!!!
They finally cave with everyone's relief and the queue starts moving again.
But we're all jittery now, will there be other einsteins before we can finally go through the gates and dedicate ourselves to our most beloved activity, window shopping?
Luckily there's only average joe bloggs in front of me and in 10 minutes I'm already sitting at the bar and sipping an orange juice, waiting for boarding to begin.
No window shopping this time, too many heavy bags to drag around.
Well, maybe i could just pop in that shop over there, it's not too far ;-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment