Friday 26 August 2011

do the banks know the money belongs to us?????

As a catholic born and raised I tend to feel guilty for whatever reason.
Being a traveller with a fairly open mind I try to question everything they tell me.
Being exhausted by the recent events and by this heart condition I speak up when I see an abuse.
Do the banks know that they do NOT own our money????
I tried to make a transfer to an overseas account and I was told by a very lazy clerk that it would have been very difficult.
No other explanation was offered, and since she thought that what she said would have made me change my mind she turned back to the extremely productive job of filing her nails.
Now, don't try me when I'm tired and cranky cause I can swear in 10 languages!
It's my money, not yours and if I want to give it all to charity I can! Heck I can even chuck it down the drain if I want, wouldn't be a pretty sight, but it would certainly make a point!
Since I don't move and I stare at her nails showing that I have all the time in the world, she finally raises her head again and looks at me with a quizzical expression.
I repeat my request, this time without a question mark at the end.
She rolls her eyes and turns to her colleague, also very busy.
After a short exchange of opinions they inform me that there's this new law that says that for certain transfers you need the permission of the bank supervisor (or something like that), and this guy is obviously on holidays.
oh boy am I getting pissed!
1. I ask for the written info of this new law
2. I demand to see the supervisor's supervisor
3. I make clear that I won't leave without my money
Silence, they realise that my eyes have gone a bright red and they emanate laser beams.
To cut a long story short I did get what I wanted, but once again I had to get unpleasant and I really do not like that.
I wonder what's got into them to think they can just withhold your money like that!!


No comments:

Post a Comment