Saturday 11 June 2011

Bangkok!

Safe and sound in Bangkok, after a slightly bumpy flight with a truly gorgeous meal.... I mean, MY chicken curry is not that moist! Courtesy of Thai Airways, apparently the second airline with biggest seats in the economy class, what was the first one? We can’t remember.
One thing though: why do they call it Economy class syndrome? You know, the DVT (Deep Vein Thrombosis)? I've been travelling a couple of times in business class as well and you get it just the same! The problem is not only the fact that you have to stay seated for hours and the liquids in your body tend to stagnate in your legs, the major problem is the pressure in the cabin and the total lack of humidity! But of course they wouldn't tell you that, otherwise no one would fly anymore!
Anyway we're here, in the hotel, eager to go to sleep since it has been a loooong day!
Almost missed the flight! Literally were rushed through by the lady at the check in counter with express way passes and everything! Thing is, we got so used to pack at the last moment that when something goes wrong we have no leeway, like f.e. a button comes off and you have to sew it back in... no time for that, just wear your belt a bit tighter :)
The taxi was a bit late as well, but oh well who am I kidding, we got lazy, that's it!
Well, I leave the word to Steve...
Nothing can throw you off more than running late at an airport. Where is a pen to fill in the forms; where did I put my passport now; do you really want me to take everything out of my pockets: is the metal in my finger going to set off any alarms?  I think we did crete a record today as it only took 20 minutes from entering the airport to arriving at the departure gate. Luckily we had been doing plenty of running over the past few weeks.
นอนหลับฝันดี (nxn h̄lạb f̄ạn dī)

No comments:

Post a Comment