Sunday 22 May 2011

Judgement Day!

It can't be Judgement Day, I still don't know if House ends up with Cuddy! And what about Bones and Booth! I say the writers of these series should keep these things into account! Judgement Day is on next week? Ok, Jack Bauer finds the bomb, Chris is the new American Idol and Maggie Simpson finally starts to speak!!!
Don't you think that it's ironic that on such an important day like "Judgement Day" everyone is logged into their favourite social network page and blogging or twitting or facebooking about what time the actual rapture will begin? And for those of us living in Australia.... didn't you see the banners on the motorways saying that judgment day was the 21st of May, yesterday and today it's the 22nd and we're still here and yes, unfortunately our mortgage is also still here? But in Australia we are 14 hours ahead of the US so for us judgment day is actually on the 22nd.... How inconvenient! Even for the end of the world we have to wait for the rest of the world to catch up!!! Well, it's 9.30 AM AEST so we should be kabooming in 30 minutes I wonder if I have time to make myself breakfast after I fed the cats.
BTW none of my European friends seem to know about it, does it mean that the end of the world will come for them? Or did they simply miss out on the latest predictions of whomever it was that brought this all up?
Is it all going to end up like the famous episode of the Simpsons where Homer predicted the end of the world convincing everyone to follow him only to find out he made the calculations wrong?
All I know is, I'll just wait for another 30 minutes before putting on the laundry, after all, why bother?
And how are we supposed to face Judgement day? Will they give us time to get changed? I'm wearing my slacks now, maybe I should put on jeans and boots, will it be cold? Cause we're certainly prepared for that! Canada Goose jackets, gloves, siberian hats, you name it! On the other hand if it's hot we might be in a pickle, oh well, we'll just grab our swimsuits at the last moment.
How will they call us? In alphabetical order? Or by amount of sins? That would be cool!
And if Judgement Day really comes, can you imagine all those people who laughed about it?
I wouldn't want to miss the look on their face, so I might just glance at a mirror from time to time...
5 minutes to go now, and I'm starting to get bored, if Judgement Day comes to Australia it's going to be sunny with a chance of rain in the early afternoon. It can't rain we've got the Swanies match!
And tonight the first episode of "Cloudstreet", can I IQ it and watch it from the beyond?
2 minutes now, should I switch on the radio just to make sure I won't miss it? Maybe I should wake Steve! My cats seem to be ok, chasing the water hose, they say that animals can feel these things long before humans can.
1 minute to go.
Ok, now it's officially 10 AM, are we safe? All right I'll put the laundry on then...

No comments:

Post a Comment